Tobi and Yetunde met 8 years ago courtesy of Yetunde’s mum, since then the chemistry is undeniable and they became inseparable. Their friendship evolved into the greatest love they’ve ever known and their wedding was one to remember.
I first met, or rather saw, Yetunde at the driving school in May 2005. My conversation began with Yetunde’s mom, who I saw at the driving school front desk and she later introduced me to her daughter – Yetunde Folorunsho. Throughout the driving class, I couldn’t take my eyes off Yetunde. After the class, we both took the metro bus and sat by each other; that was the birth of our relationship, and we’ve been together since then.
It all began in May of 2005 when my mom took me to go register for driving school. I spotted my mom talking to someone, and she introduced him to me as “Tobi Oni”. Tobi and I attended the driving school together and have since been inseparable.
It was a cold winter morning on January 1st, 2010 after returning from the new year’s eve service, I took Yetunde back to her place after the church service. She had no idea I had already made arrangements with her younger sisters that I will be proposing to her by the Christmas tree in the living room.
When we got to my house, I saw my younger sisters with the camera and were smiling as Tobi walked me to the Christmas tree. Tobi got on one knee, and I started shaking while he said “will you marry me”; I screamed out YES!
We wish them fruitful and blissful marriage.
• Bride and Groom’s Name: Yetunde and Tobi Oni
• Date of wedding: May 26th, 2013
• Location of Wedding Ceremony: Christ Embassy Church Largo, MD and Reception: Martin’s Crosswinds. Overall theme/Colour palette for the wedding: Purple, Lavender and Gold
• Bride’s wedding dress: Casablanca. shoes: Badgley Mischka
• Bridesmaid dress: Bari Jay
• Groom and groomsmen wear- Ruben’s Paris
• Stationary Designer
• Photographer: Jydiel
• Videographer: Lynks driver
• Flowers / Centrepieces / Tableware: DaVinci Florist
• Jewellery worn: Givenchy
• Caterer: Martin’s Caterers
• Cake: Martin’s Caterers
• Makeup: Shade Falade
• Hairstylist: Hair care center, Laurel
• Décor: Martins’s Crosswinds
• DJ: Don’t jealous me
• MC: Seyi Brown
• Wedding Planner/Event Coordinator- Martin’s Crosswinds