Lagos traffic can be hell most times. Why don’t you take a weekend out of your very busy routine and treat yourself to a spa in your bathroom. Who doesn’t love taking time anyways out of a hectic schedule to indulge in a day of pampering? Here are 10 practical tips to help you create a luxurious day spa experience at home.
1. Make sure the bathroom is clean. The last thing you want is to be staring at grime while you’re trying to pamper yourself! So start with giving your bathroom a quick once over.
2. Ditch the technology This is not an excuse to lock yourself away and play Candy Crush. Leave your mobile phone on silent and in another room.
3. Get the lighting right Bright lights are the enemy. Think soft mood lighting and create a warm glow by dimming the lights or lighting scented or natural wax candles.
4. Choose calming music Listening to some relaxing tunes can help block out any unwanted noise like whirring fridges and the neighbours TV.
5. Multi-task Swirl essential oils into a warm bath and soak for 15 minutes. While you’re soaking try applying a hair or face mask.
6. Pretend you’re at a hotel Invest in fresh, fluffy towels and a soft floor mat for when you hop out of the bath. No one likes scratchy fabrics and cold feet.
7. Bathrobes and slippers Why stop at towels? Keep the day spa feel for longer by lounging around in a super comfy robe and slippers.
8. Add some flowers Give the bathroom a luxurious feel by bringing in a vase full of beautiful blooms or a pretty potted plant.
9. Stay hydrated Ensure you bring in a bottle of chilled water, perhaps with a slice of lemon, to keep your body hydrated while you luxuriate in the bath.
10. Hang up a do not disturb sign Unless you’re sure you’ll have the house to yourself make it very clear that you are not to be disturbed.