- The Attraction Stage: The first stage is the one in which they set eyes on each other. There is a spark that the both of you notice in each other and feel like meeting frequently. A need to be with each other develops which gives rise to feelings for each other. There are also instances of one person getting attracted towards the other. Those feelings slowly culminate in to love.
- The Confession Stage: This stage does not last for long but the event preceding it do. You have feelings for a person and you are trying to figure out ways to propose to them. This takes a lot of guts and you may take some time to muster courage to speak up. This may result in several misfires before you finally succeed. Think carefully before you proceed with the proposal as it paves the way for you to be with the person you are in love with.
- The Getting-to-know each other Stage: Love can happen with or without knowing each other properly. Either ways, once you get in to the relationship you are bound to take some time off your schedule to discover each other. It is important to know your partner, whom you spend so much time with, fully well. Even you are fond of your partner for a lot reasons, it will take a lot of time before you know them inside out.
- The Blissful Stage: There is this stage when you both have begun to discover each other and are extremely happy in each other’s company. There is nothing more important in the world than being with each other and seeking solace in each other’s company. You stop meeting your friends and cut down on spending time with your family so that you can be with your loved one.
- The Intimacy Stage: After you both get sufficiently comfortable with each other, you begun to take things forward by taking the relationship take its own course. Physical intimacy is a natural and vital part of a relationship but it is not the most important part of it. What you feel about your partner internally is what matters. You must not pressurize your partner to get in to it. Physical intimacy should take place naturally and only when both of you are ready for it.
- The Distance Stage: In today’s times, when everybody is busy with his/her career, there is very little time that most young couples manage to make for themselves. Distance could do several things to your relationship. It could make you feel depressed or cracks could appear in the relationship because of communication gap.
- The Dispute Stage: The two people in a relationship are two different individuals who are bound to have differences. No matter how much you love each other, differences are bound to crop once in a while. Fights are normal as long you do not stretch them beyond a point. Reconcile immediately after the fight gets over and do not let your partners stay upset with you for a long time. You must go about this stage very carefully and handle things sensitively. A small mistake could spell doom for your relationship.
- The Insecurity Stage: Insecurities may creep in a relationship because there are two different individuals involved in it. You might get insecure when your partner starts doing better in their career or you might feel that you are not worthy enough to deserve such a good person in your life. Insecurities could be of various kinds. You must deal with them and set them aside before they start affecting your relationship.
- The Unconditional trust stage: After going through a lot of joyful moments and hardships, finally comes the time when you begin to trust each other completely. You got in to a relationship with your partner because you knew that you could trust them but then, trust is something that builds up completely over time. Even though you trusted them a bit earlier, now you feel opening up to them like never before. You share all your secrets and discuss things that were conscious of talking about earlier.
- The Committment Stage: After trying out the relationship for some time and putting each other through various tests, you have finally placed your trust in your partner. The next step is to make a commitment. Both of you, though secure in your own right, need some assurance from each other. The commitment could be made in different ways. You need not discuss about marriage but make an honest promise of staying together for a lifetime.
Every couple goes through their own journey but there are certain stages you are bound to cross in a relationship. These stages are inevitable in the sense that they all come within the periphery of a relationship. Some of the phases leave you with lots of happiness while there are some that may be full of hardships and would test the strength of your relationship. To experience what it feels to be in a relationship, you must go through all these stages.