Belly fat is known for its way of tampering with any outfit that doesn’t involve a muumuu, but really there’s something way worse about the stuff. Not only is belly fat unflattering, it has been scientifically linked to many health problems, such as bloating, heartburn, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and many others. The good news is losing stomach fat and getting a flat tummy or even getting those fabulous six pack abs are not as difficult as many people think. Here are some simple tasks that if dedicatedly done, will give an awesome result you will forever be grateful for.
1. Always Have Water Around You: Whether you’re on a weight loss journey, you’re trying to lose belly fat, or you’re just trying to be healthier, it’s always a good idea to
keep well-hydrated, and to do that, you will want to keep a bottle of water with you everywhere you go. Sip from it every now and then; you will feel fuller, more invigorated, and you will also be a lot less likely to indulge in a sugar-laden soda or juice if you’re not thirsty!
This is a sure way to lose stomach fat fast.
2. Color Your Plate: Do you know that the more colorful your meal, the more healthy it’s likely to be? Think about it: carrots, peppers, spinach, and tomatoes are all brilliant colors, and they’re all very healthy choices! Keep your plate colorful and you’re well on your way to losing that belly fat!
3. Say “NO” To Fast Food: Fast food is the worst culprit in the battle against stomach fat. It’s convenient, sure, but it’s loaded with calories and fat, and those calories and fat head straight to our “problem areas,” our bellies and butts! Skip the fast food, or opt for healthier fast food options, like salads (without fried chicken or calorie-rich ranch on them) instead of fries. But if you are really set on losing stomach fat fast, avoid the fast food altogether.
4. Doing Your Weight Bearing Exercises: If you think you’ll need to spend the rest of your life only doing sit-ups and crunches to burn belly fat and keep it off, that’s not quite true. You’ll need to do all sorts of exercises, in moderation, including weight bearing exercises, like brisk walking, jogging, and the like. Remember, overall fitness and nutrition is the key for losing stomach fat, and making sure it doesn’t come back!
5. Cut out Soda: A serving of soda contains more calories than a large banana, with none of the nutritional value. Many of those calories come from high fructose corn syrup, which our bodies don’t really know how to process, and which often ends up turning into belly fat. Ditch the soda and save those calories for something much better for burning belly fat!
6. Do Your Non-weight Bearing Exercises Too: In addition to the weight bearing exercises to help you burn belly fat, you’ll also need to add non-weight bearing exercises, like biking and rowing. These two (weight bearing and non-weight bearing), combined with weight training and cardio, and some yoga thrown in for good measure, will give you a lifetime of fitness and good health — and of course, will melt that belly fat away for good!
7. Don’t Starve Yourself: Starving yourself will not help you burn belly fat. Cut calories, by all means, especially the empty calories, but to be healthy and lose belly fat, you need to eat well. Starving yourself is dangerous, terribly unhealthy, and it won’t work anyway! It wrecks your metabolism and leads to many other health problems. Don’t even make the mistake of thinking that skipping breakfast, lunch, or dinner will make you lose weight.
8. Don’t Try to Isolate: It’s a scientific and biological fact: you absolutely cannot isolate one set of muscles and lose fat just in that one spot, and that includes belly fat. If there’s a product or pill that promises otherwise, it’s a scam, straight up. To lose stomach fat, you need to change your diet and exercise habits, all over. It’s that simple. Truly!
9. Ensure To Maintain Good Posture: Want a quick tip to make it look like you’ve lost inches, even when you haven’t (yet)? Suck your tummy in, put your shoulder back, keep your head up, and, with this good posture, you’ll look and even much fitter. It’s even easier to breathe this way! In a way, you’ll be toning your abdominal muscles, and as you know, they are essential in losing stomach fat faster.
10. Don’t Be Complacent: Once you’ve got the body you want (no belly fat in sight!), that doesn’t mean it’s time to rest on your laurels. Don’t stop exercising. Don’t stop eating right. Keep up with your plan, and you’ll keep your new hot body! Remember, it’s not just about losing belly fat, it’s about being healthier in general. Health is a way of life, a new life plan, and you have to stick with it!