Leggings are pretty awesome. You really can wear them just about anywhere by choosing pieces to dress them up (the office, parties) or dress them down ( markets, your couch). But dressing up leggings does take a little more effort and it’s easy to miss the mark.
- Not only are dresses and leggings fool-proof for the clumsy, they’re also really comfortable, while still looking great. This also applies for skirts.
- Keep in mind that leggings don’t always have to be black. To dress up your outfit, choose leggings in different colors, patterns or textures (like leather or jean).
- Belts really do have a lot of power. They cinch our waists, give us that hourglass figure and tie the whole look together.
- By adding a scarf, you can really change the intent your outfit. Whether they’re cozy, bright and breezy, scarves will elevate your legging look.
- Adding a little glitz to your look can really make your outfit shine. Chunky statement necklaces or glittery earrings will complete your look and will have you racing out the door to hit the party!
- Another way to make your leggings outfit look dressier is to add a trendy bag. This shows that you’re out on the town with a purpose, not just running last-minute errands (no matter what the truth is).
- Heels can make any girl feel like going out, so throw on your favorite pair to immediately amp up the party-potential of your leggings outfit.
- Boots and leggings are like the best friends of fashion. The color of the leggings can make your boots pop (or vice versa) and both items are fall and winter staples.
- Layers add interest to any outfit, and allow you to peel them off if you get hot. Button-downs and sweaters always pair nicely. Finish the look with a warm coat.
- Go from couch potato to catwalk queen in a matter of minutes by throwing on a blazer or coat. Make the jacket the centerpiece of your look by choosing a fun color, fabric, fit or pattern.
Hide your booty
Burn all see-through leggings.
Never ever buy, wear or borrow tan- or skin-colored leggings
I hope you now know that leggings are not just for days when you’re too lazy to get ready.