1. Don’t eat anything for two to three hours before sleep. Your body slows down when you sleep, which will prevent your body from digesting the food in your stomach properly.
- You are also much less active in the evenings and at night, which means that your body is more likely to store the calories you consume late at night as fat, rather than burning them as energy.
- Try not to eat anything at least two to three hours before going to bed, or follow the “daylight diet”, which only allows you to eat during daylight hours.
2. Try to cut as much sugar from your diet as possible. Besides being full of empty calories, having less sugar in your system will help to lower your insulin levels.
- Lower insulin levels equate to greater production of a hormone known as glucagon in your system.
- Glucagon is a substance that allows glucose to be burned as energy, thus contributing to a fabulously flat stomach!
3. Eat small, frequent meals. Replace your usual system of eating three large meals a day, with eating smaller, more regular meals. Many people make the mistake of eating nothing at all between breakfast, lunch, and dinner, especially when they are trying to lose weight.
- However, this type of diet will negatively effect blood sugar levels and cause you to eat more due to hunger, thus making it harder to lose weight.
- Having a small, healthy snack every three to four hours and not letting yourself go hungry is a much healthier and more effective system.
4. Drink plenty of water. You should replace all your regular beverages with water, especially soda and sugared drinks which are full of empty calories and will cause your stomach to bloat.
- Drinking lots of water will help to flush toxins out of your system and keep your bowels moving, both of which are essential for a flat stomach.
- If you find regular water too boring, consider making sassy water instead. Sassy water is simply regular water infused with a number of refreshing and energizing ingredients, which help to speed up the metabolism and cut down on belly fat. Recipes vary, but many include some combination of ingredients such as orange slices, lemon slices, grated ginger, cucumber, fresh spearmint, and fresh basil. The water is left to infuse overnight — making it refreshingly “sassy” by the next morning!
- Pay attention to your body’s signs. Your urine should be a light yellow or clear color; dark yellow with an odor could be a sign that you are dehydrated.
5.Never starve yourself. Your results will only be temporary and you will feel frustrated sooner, which makes you much more likely to give up.
- While you might think that starvation is most effective, in essence it could do permanent harm to your body as well as make it hard to keep off the weight.