Every engaged, soon-to-be engaged, and soon-to-be married couples want to have a perfect wedding. They all want to ensure all their wedding planning bases are covered. Luxury UK based event planner and CEO of Just as Planned, Mati Gono, shares some of her top wedding deets on how to have a hitch-free wedding. The Just As Planned team is passionate about bringing your event to life to make it truly amazing and unforgettable.
As a newly engaged couple, planning a wedding can be stressful especially when you are not sure where to start. As I know a little about weddings and what some of our clients go through before coming to us, I thought I’d share a few of my top 7 tips to start you off on this amazing journey. From my experience, it can be a very enjoyable process when things are done efficiently. Here are my Top Tips to ensure that things do not become overwhelming for you the newly engaged bride and groom.
• Start planning as soon as you have a date- for example sourcing a venue.
• Ensure you are both on the same page- for example, you have the same colour schemes in mind and if not come to a decision on this.
• Try and pay off one or two things in relation to the wedding every month to spread the cost and manage the budget. This could be paying off deposits for vendors.
• Get agreements and bookings in writing, hard or e-copies- for example, finalised quotations.
• Speak to the bridal party and ensure they are aware of your expectations of them on the day and throughout the process.
• Be sure to talk about contraception to tick off things like visiting family planning clinics.
• Keep the lines of communication open with the people involved, for e.g, by having conference calls or messages.