Yes, I want to break up!!!! No, I do not want to end this relationship!!!! Have you been having this mixed feeling about your present relationship? Maybe things are not really going well with you and your spouse and it is just affecting every other thing around you.
Remember, there was a reason you got into the relationship and there must be a reason for you to stay in it and make it work. After all, the devil that you know is better than the angel you just met. No one is perfect, we all just work towards perfection. Fight for it; Fight for your Man; Fight for your Lady.
Hopefully, a few of the ways stated below might help you save your relationship from doom.
- Get rid of misunderstanding: Communication is the key element in any relationship. Lack of it gives rise to misunderstandings. Even though the obvious need not be stated, but there are things that you can’t expect your partner to just know or understand on their own, without telling them. Stop considering them to be mind readers.
- Rekindle the Love: With the passage of time people tend to stop making efforts like they used to at the start of the relationship which turns out to be the worst mistake ever. Because it results in both the partners feeling unloved and unappreciated. They think that their relationship is losing meaning and that maybe they’re better off on their own. Just because you have them in your life doesn’t mean you can take them for granted. Make them feel wanted. Both of you know that the love is there, but it’s always a good idea to express those feelings of love every now and then. This not only strengthens your bond with your partner but they’re more appreciative of you.
- Remember the good old days: When your relationship is on the line, and you’re going back and forth between wanting to save it or to end it, just take a break from it walk down memory lane. Go through photos, read old conversations, talk about the trips you took together and the things you did. This will remind you of the irreplaceable memories, feelings and love that you two share. It will incline both of you towards saving the relationship and working on the root of your problems. A reminder of what two people have shared over time keeps them from throwing away their relationship that has a shot at being saved.
- Don’t try to control each other: Some people tend to be very controlling of everything. Even if you belong to this category, NEVER EVER try to control your partner. Put yourself in their shoes and you’ll realize how unnerving it is to be constantly controlled by someone. It creates feelings of resentment, which is never healthy for a relationship. It would make them want to get away from you every chance they get. Let them be themselves, after all, you fell in love with them for the person they are. The most comforting thing in a relationship is the liberty to be your true-self and being accepted for who you are. No one wants to be in a suffocating relationship, and such relationships rarely survive.
- Do not be selfish: You can’t be selfish in a relationship and then expect everything to be fine. Love should inculcate in you the habit of placing your loved one even before yourself. There can’t be a relationship where you only look out for yourself without having any regard for your partner. You can’t assume that they would put up with such behaviour for long. They wouldn’t want to be with someone who doesn’t even care for them let alone do something for them. A relationship isn’t about one person benefitting from it while the other person gains nothing. It’s about doing what is in the best interest of both the individuals as a couple.
Source: My marriage is beautiful