Lynda & Biodun’s meeting was divinely orchestrated from above. After the initial meeting, Biodun couldn’t let a day go by without calling Lynda. The sweetness and calmness of her voice makes him want to keep talking to her at any given chance. “I was sure of where we were headed to, so I started making wedding plans too. She is the first and only lady I took home and my parents were so glad to see her; they received her with great love”says Biodun ecstatically. “With all of that said, he really loves Jesus. It encouraged me. Jobs can come and go, money can leave, looks can fade but if a man really loves Jesus and wants to live for Him – NOTHING is impossible. My spirit was so excited about every aspect of him. I was always at peace with him. I wanted so many things in a man and I never thought I would meet someone with all my desires. God exceeded my expectations and my husband to be MEASURES up” says Lynda happily
We truly enjoy their beautiful and lovely story, we bet you will as well…..Enjoy
The Lovely Meeting
Ours is a love that has made everything possible, a love that is grateful to God for giving us the best, and a love that celebrates life!!!
God is really the greatest orchestrator and we’re so glad he took His time to write our story.
I’ve known her for five years now even though we only courted for 24 months. This period has been an amazing time getting to know each other better, as we had opted to bare it all to each other. I knew my meeting with her was God’s plan because a lot of strange arrangements occurred; I’ll try to tell it as simple as possible leaving out the unnecessary things. I had a close relationship with her supervisor then, and that gave me the opportunity to talk and relate with her personally. We got chatting and discussing on the phone, even though she was always careful about not making our discussion private. At this point, we got talking & talking…Minutes turned to hours and as each day passed, it became even more difficult to get off the phone as we wanted to keep chatting forever. We both had never felt a strong connection like that before. With time I discovered I was calling her daily; every morning and night (I was amazed at myself; I enjoyed every discussion I had with her). I gave it a thought to take it to God in prayer. After intense prayers; seeking God’s face about the “situation” (yes, it became a “situation” because am not the type that calls a lady that often except for official purposes). I felt God’s peace! That gave me the audacity to ask her out… it wasn’t easy because she didn’t give me an opportunity to do so at first, and I never realized I was about to go on a long and tough journey to win her heart. I can’t wait to tell our kids how hard daddy tried to win Mummy’s heart. The journey to winning her heart was long, bruising (lol) and beautiful. For instance, I had invited her to the cinemas on several occasions, but her attitude didn’t let me say anything about my intention—she was always “official.” The seeming difficulty drove me to my knees in prayer, but I felt God’s overwhelming peace once again. This time, with much more boldness and audacity, I asked her out, and there was no refusal. She said “Yes!” I was sure of where we were headed to, so I started making wedding plans too. She is the first and only lady I took home and my parents were so glad to see her; they received her with great love.
Indeed, God is the greatest matchmaker
Biodun is someone I respect so much. He wasn’t just a senior colleague; in fact, I used to see him as my boss. That singular fact made his journey to winning my heart long, bruising and beautiful.
I’d start from August 2011, when he requested to know what I desired for a birthday gift. I didn’t take him seriously, though I went ahead to tell him what I wanted. Surprisingly he got it for me. After that he never said anything to me, except exchanging pleasantries.
In 2012, he invited me out to the cinema (he loves movies, but I declined his requests, because I couldn’t fathom such causal an outing with someone I regarded as a “boss.” He didn’t stop there, he kept asking politely (being such a gentle man). After so many calls and persuasion, I accepted his request to be with him at the cinema, hoping that it was devoid of any intentions.
After our first, second and third outings to the cinema – I thought it’d be wise to seek a fatherly advice, hence, I discussed it with my boss, who asked me several questions, and gave me some instructions which I strictly adhered to. At this point, the rate at which Biodun calls came in was alarming; he called me at every opportunity. Honestly, it was an interesting experience because I enjoyed all the attention. Then the big day came; there was a fourth outing. This time, he didn’t drive to the cinema. He took me to a beautiful resort to meet with his friends. It was at that resort he hinted me on his intentions. My response was the affirmative; I gave him a go ahead to do it the right way. He did the right way, and here we are today.
What was the attraction?
She was very different and exceptional. She seemed to be of good character, she was also a beauty to behold. Her vision lined up with what GOD already told me. I’m in the ministry and I wasn’t ready to marry any woman whose vision was contrary to this. I needed to see the woman I was supposed to marry actively pursuing God right now. She really loves Jesus and that excited me.
Biodun is a good man, and a good man is a gift only a good God can bring! I said so because of several reasons which I’ll share with you my lovely friends and family as you read on.
1. I realized he won’t compete with me, or shrink in the face of my success because I’m his baby and he stands tall in his own calling. It was obvious he’ll make my dwelling, the home of God’s presence, and he will teach me and my children the precepts of the Kingdom. He will be my covering, God’s earthly minister to me!
2. I kept getting better in the relationship. He wasn’t a stumbling block for me. He was REALLY concerned that I had a relationship with Jesus alone that was not founded in my emotions or feelings. He always told me to make decisions based on God’s Word than my feelings. He refused to let me depend on him and he always pushed me towards Christ.
3. God was ALL up in my quiet time pressing me to pray for Him & build Him up and God always encouraged me to love Him. GOD was giving me constant instruction with him. It was pretty cool. One day I was so angry at Biodun that I cancelled our trip to his family’s house at Ibadan but the Lord told me. “Why don’t you ask me how to deal with Biodun? I created Him, I can show you how he works!” “Oh you’re right God,” I immediately apologized. Amazingly he did same and we proceeded to see his dad who was already expecting us. lol
4. He is a man of His words. He was beyond cheerful and kind to me which I thought was a little too good to be true. I speculated it was a matter of time and he’ll show his true side. Little did I know he was plainly being himself. He’s the prime example of the saying: Action speaks louder than words.
5. He was growing. While we courted, he was willing to ADJUST and change. I knew that when things would come our way, He would man up, admit his mistakes & CHANGE. He wasn’t trying to hold on to his old ways. He wanted to be better and was willing to adjust. And he let me grow. He wasn’t all hard on me– pressuring me to be some model because it looked good. He let me grow up from all of my weaknesses & issues. He helped me & was patient with me. He gave me the greatest gift which is freedom to be me.
With all of that said, he really loves Jesus. It encouraged me. Jobs can come and go, money can leave, looks can fade but if a man really loves Jesus and wants to live for Him – NOTHING is impossible. My spirit was so excited about every aspect of him. I was always at peace with him. I wanted so many things in a man and I never thought I would meet someone with all my desires. God exceeded my expectations and my husband to be MEASURES up.
The Beautiful Proposal
Truth be told, the proposal wasn’t supposed to come as a surprise because we kind of knew that if all things being equal, we would get married. We understood ourselves and discussed about settling down with each other. That’s where the surprise sets in. Since I already knew his plans towards me and we both were waiting for our spiritual parents’ approval, the approval did come and some days later he talked about going somewhere far to relax. I accepted and we set off to the place. In the midst of the whole fun, he called out my name and I turned and saw him on one knee, I was astonished as I didn’t understand what he was up to until he brought out the ring and asked me to please spend the rest of my life with him. I can’t recall saying ‘YES’ but I do remember bringing out my hand quickly so he can slip in the ring because I had long waited for that day. He’s such a sweet person. He wanted that memory to remain with me forever so he made an arrangement with a professional photographer to capture the moment. I love that part so much as I had good pictures to show.
Our Beautiful Wedding
That day, I married the man of my dreams in front of the people I care most about. Our wedding was colourful and fun – We saw our guest looking fabulous in yellow and we were glad we choose that colour because they were happy with their outfits and that happiness radiated in the hall.
Today, I can gladly say I got more than a man and ring in marriage, I got a partner, a team mate, a companion and a man who truly appreciates and adores me in totality.
It’s been a great year for us and all our praises go to God.
Bride and Groom’s Name: Lynda Nneoma Otuka and Abiodun Temitope Osisanya
• Date of Church wedding: 22nd March, 2014
• Location of Wedding Ceremony: Christ Embassy Church Oregun Lagos
Reception: Eden Comfort Hotel Ikeja Lagos
Theme: “A Majestic Splendor”
Colour palette for the wedding: Our colours are sunflower yellow, white and a touch of purple. Our colours were inspired from our crave for simplicity whilst displaying great dignity and nobility. We choose bright yellow as a bold accent colour that hinted at the idea of gold, but has a more contemporary feel or opulence and royalty
. Engagement: Yellow and Grey Aso Oke by Bellissimo
• Bride’s wedding dress and shoes: Laviva Bridals
. Bride’s Reception dress: Bespoke by Chidinma Obairi
. Engagement beads: Bellissimo Aso Oke and beads
• Bridesmaid dress designers: Pearl Nash clothings
. Groom and groomsmen wear: E2o Creation
• Stationary Designer: Global plus publishing
• Photographer: Picturemagic 08038503050 and Vimem photograph