Warning, this could become addictive……Try the recipe at your own risk!
This is the kind of dish you make at home and when the door bell rings you quickly push the plate under the bed loool
Do not serve your husband this when his friend is visiting except you have another plate for his friend because he will think you just don’t like him…..lol
Here is the recipe from Funke Koleoso
What you need
- Good quality Suya spice
- Some salt
- Sweet potatoes
- Coconut oil
What to do
- Gut the fish and wash thoroughly. Make some incisions on the back of the fish to allow spices to infuse into the fish.
- Tenderly rub the fish (all over) with some salt. Pay particular attention to the cleaned out gut cavity. Follow by rubbing a generous amount of suya spice all over the fish as well. Set aside for about 10 minutes to allow the spices to marinate.
- Subsequently, rub additional suya spice on the fish. Place fish onto a large portion of foil paper. Drizzle a little oil over the spiced fish and wrap the foil around the fish making a sealed pouch/parcel.
- Place parcel into an oven dish and bake for about 25 minutes. This time may depend on the thickness/size of the fish. The fish parcel can also be place on an open fire or barbecue.
- Simultaneously peel the sweet potatoes and cut into chunks to aid fast cooking. Sprinkle some oil over and bake along with the fish in a separate dish. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Serve both together, hot. Enjoy!