Hey guys, you asked for different recipes and we promise to bring them all to you. Stay tuned and keep coming on our website for these wonderful recipes. We all know ‘the way to man’s heart is through his tummy’.
Here is a curry special for your delight!
Replace the Prawns with Beef or chicken or stayed tuned for our curry chicken and other curry menu.
Here is the recipe provided by Funke Koleoso
- 10 jumbo tiger raw prawns (any size prawns of your choice is fine). De-vein and wash
- 1 jar of Molli’s Jollof cooking sauce (This sauce is the ultimate short-cut to cooking traditional Nigerian red pepper sauce. Its convenient and easy to use, tastes great too. Buy it here). If you don’t have access to this sauce you have to make some by blending peppers, tomatoes, onions and scotch bonnet and stewing for about 30 minutes under low heat.
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- Half a cup of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of ground smoked prawns/crayfish
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of palm sugar (optional)
- Half teaspoon of black pepper or chilli powder (a bit more if you want it spicy)
- A couple of sliced green and red peppers for garnish
What to do:
- Empty a jar of Molli’s Jollof cooking sauce (or about 5 serving spoons of pre-prepared pepper sauce) into a deep base sauce pan. Heat this up for about 3 minutes. Add the chicken stock, black pepper, curry and thyme. Also add the palm sugar (if using), stir and check the salt.
- Add the coconut milk and stir in. Allow to cook for another 3 minutes then turn heat down and let simmer for 5 more minutes. Apply longer or shorter time for a thick or light curry depending on your preference.
- Add the prawns and sliced peppers last. Cover the pot and continue to cook until the prawns are cooked (typically about 3 minutes).
- Serve with boiled jasmine rice.