Today, we are happy to feature the beautiful wedding of Subomi and Mayowa. The beautiful wedding was planned by the bride and the colors of the day are very unique and different, Aqua green and Champagne gold. We enjoyed reading their love story!
The Beautiful Proposal
I’ve knew Mayowa for about 5years even before we started dating. He had always wanted us to date I kept declining….*shakara*. He was able to convince me and win my heart over eventually and it’s been awesome so far. We started dating officially October 4th 2012 and everything happened within 1 year and 1 month, we got married. He proposed in church, and it was after 3rd service at Daystar Christian Center. He romantically got down on one knee and popped the question; Will You Marry Me, Subomi? I was so shy, I almost ran off, but he had to hold me tight… lol. My brothers and sisters were there and it was so so romantic and awesome. It was such a beautiful day and we all went out for lunch. I was absolutely blown away.
Our wedding was all together Awesome! God was there I must say. We had fun and didn’t we didn’t bother ourselves with the little details here and there because that can ruin it all.
The beautiful wedding had a twist because the bride’s younger sister ‘Kanyinsola’ was proposed to at the wedding just after the bouquet was thrown. How romantic is that!
• Date of wedding: Thursday 14th of November 2013
• Location of Wedding Ceremony and Reception: Methodist Church Opebi Circuit; Providence Hall, Grandview Plaza, Magodo
Overall theme/Colour palette for the wedding: Aqua Green & Champagne Gold
• Bridesmaid dress and shoe designers: Pretty Thangs UK
– Groom and groomsmen wear: D E (DejiEniola)
• Stationary Designer: Designed them myself.
• Photographer: Dipo sofowora Photography
• Videographer: Urban Images
• Flowers / Centrepieces / Tableware: Tiwi’s Place of Decor
• Jewellery worn: Sis Inlaw gave me • Caterer
• Cake: Beebar Cakes
• Makeup: Hues & Curls ‘Eniola Osinubi’
• Hairstylist: Hues & Curls ‘Eniola Osinubi’
• Décor: Tiwi’s Place of Decor
• DJ & Band: En-Route Band
• Wedding Planner/Event Coordinator- Bride and family