Are you pregnant or is your wife pregnant?
If you are pregnant, trying to get pregnant or even trying to stay healthy, make sure you consume healthy food and stay strong at all times
Iron is the most important nutrient you need while pregnant because it has a lot to do with oxygen and blood, it releases energy into the body. Iron is the red pigment in blood that transports oxygen to the cells and removes carbon dioxide from the cells.
The image above contains food rich in iron. Include all these in your diet if you are a mother to be, a nursing mother, a fertility patient etc Iron is also good for women who bleed excessively during their menstrual period or are approaching menopause stage.
Some of the reasons you know that your iron is low are:
- Extreme fatigue
- Pale skin
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Frequent infections
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Cold hands and feet
- Inflammation or soreness of your tongue
- Brittle nails
- Fast heartbeat
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or starch
- Poor appetite, especially in infants and children with iron deficiency anemia
- An uncomfortable tingling or crawling feeling in your legs (restless legs syndrome)