We bring you the top ten tips for couples trying to filter out what to wear for their engagement photo session. So grab a cup of coffee or tea, kick up your feet and enjoy this post, with stunning engagement photos from Akintayotimi.
1. Be yourself! Choose outfits that will allow your photographer to capture the real you. You’ll want to look like the best versions of yourselves, not like altogether different people.
2. Bring another outfit! If you have a second outfit to change into, you’ll have so much more variety in your photos. Consider starting out dressy and then transitioning to a more casual outfit midway through the session.
3. Make sure you are comfortable! The more comfortable you are, the better! Ladies, if you decide to wear heels for your session, it’s a good idea to bring flats to change into when switching locations.
4. Stay away from busy patterns. ( That way, you can avoid “artifacts” such as aliasing or moiré, those wavy lines created by tiny patterns. )
5. Wear accessories. It’s always a good idea to add a necklace or scarf to any outfit! Guys, leave the ball caps at home.
6. Choose colors wisely. Be sure to choose colors that complement your skin tone well while avoiding scene-stealing bright colors.
7. Add layers. While it is best to wear fitted clothing, don’t be afraid to add layers such as that cute cardigan or favorite jacket.
8. Avoid logos. To avoid looking like you are advertising for your favorite brand, it is preferable to stay away from graphics and logos on tees, sweatshirts, and even footwear.
9. Coordinate but don’t match! Choose colors that complement each other but avoid wearing matching outfits. (Matching tattoos at your discretion!)
10. Plan your outfit after you’ve chosen your location. If you think about your routine fashion choices, you can see how locations tend to dictate what we wear. If you’ve chosen a casual setting such as a park, you may want to wear something fitting that location such as skinny jeans and flats for the ladies and jeans and an untucked shirt for the guys. Likewise, if you’ve chosen a museum, you may want to wear something a little more chic such as that little black dress you love or a sports coat or dress shirt.
And there you have it! I hope these tips were helpful to you while you pick out your outfits for your engagement session. Have lots of fun, enjoy every minute of your session and congratulations on your engagement!