Yummy! Have you thought of any other way to eat your Dodo. Multi-award winning personality, Matse takes us through how to make DoDo Frittata.
Think about this, eating dodo and eggs as a single meal packed with the delicious goodness of vegetables, meat, herbs and spices. 🙂 Yep yep! That’s what I am talking about. A burst of flavours in one forkful.
This was what I intended to do making this recipe. I enjoy Nigerian and western fusions. It gives character to a meal. A frittata is an egg based Italian dish, similar to an omelette. It is very versatile.
My hubby had this for breakfast and he said; “Baby, this is delicious”. I had to wrap up some extras in an aluminium foil for him to take out as lunch. 🙂 Trust me, this may end up becoming a Sunday morning breakfast recipe in your home.
Now, let me show you how to make this very easy meal.
As usual, I love making meals with easily accessible ingredients that you can find in your local stores or supermarket. Feel free to be creative with your spices, vegetables and cold cuts (ham, bacon, sausages).
1. Get some ripe plantain, slice or dice them if you wish.
2. Fry in hot oil until golden brown or spray with olive oil and bake in an oven (for the health freaks). 🙂
3. Slice the Vegetables
4. In a bowl, break the eggs and add all the spices and herbs. Mix together thoroughly
5. Transfer the egg mix into a bigger bowl and add the vegetables to it, then mix together.
* If using ham, bacon or sausages, fry in a pan and cut into bits to add to the mix. I was in a hurry to give hubby his breakfast and had little time to fry my cold cuts.
6. Pour the mix into a greased pan and spread evenly with a fork
7. Cover and set over low heat for 10 minutes
8. Then, transfer to a pre-heated oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes until it is set.
9.Nicely done, huh?!
10. Cut out a nice warm slice for yourself. 🙂